2020 has been described as many things–unprecedented, a year like no other, a dumpster fire, a train wreck. It has indeed been a challenging year, for many reasons.
Rather than rehashing those challenges, I asked my favorite team to share some of their reasons for gratitude as we close out 2020. We hope that reading them will help you discover some new joys at the end of this year, too.
- Lemon Lime Canada Dry Seltzer - the ABSOLUTE best seltzer
- Coffee. Coffee. Coffee!!! Coffee and beer. Cafe Bustle Coffee. Coffee always.
- Evening in Missoula tea
- Oat milk, especially in coffee
- Chai tea
- Can I say whiskey? Definitely whiskey.
- A good gallon jug of spring water to stay hydrated, and warm cups of tea before bed.
- Green tea
- Apple cider
- Cinnamon orange rooibos tea
- KIND Peanut Butter Granola
- Legitimately every taco from Quesadilla La Reina Del Sur.
- Yogurt & pears
- Clif bars
- My mom's homemade butterscotch fudge
- Peanut butter toast
- Blueberry muffins
- Cardamom sweet bread
- Welch's Fruit Snacks
- Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos
- Nuts, all of the nuts, but cashews are king!
- Wasabi coated edamame
- Pumpkin cheesecake
- Haribo Starmix gummies
- That feeling responsible for the actions of others makes me feel anxious, and it doesn't have to always be that way.
- Politics can be WAY weirder than I ever imagined possible. I definitely learned to pay more attention.
- PHP 8
- How to play Fortnite
- How to bake a Dutch baby pancake
- Be kind to myself
- How to train my keyboard
- How to make steamed buns, speak basic Finnish, and play acoustic guitar
- Balance in life
- Entry-level woodworking
- Turning off notifications is okay
- COVID is real. Wear a mask.
- If you don't know what you want, your actions will be driven by expectations set upon you by others and you might find yourself in an existential crisis.
- It's okay to not be okay.
- React/React Native
- More than I can remember.
Randomly Grateful for:
- My wife and our two rescue animals
- While we live in a bizarro world where going to the grocery store could send you to the hospital, I am grateful for the health of my loved ones and me.
- Our new baby!
- I am grateful to all those who showed grace and understanding during a trying year
- My partner, my dog, and weighted blankets
- Time to slow down and be with my family
- My wife
- My truck!
- My brilliant and kind co-workers and the 90-Day Fiance franchise
- Getting back into old (healthy) habits
- My family
- I am grateful to be able to work with and learn from people I respect daily, and, to be part of a community where folks share what they learn and often help one another in personal and professional capacities.
We want to extend our general thanks and gratitude to the many friends and clients we have had the privilege to work with this year, and we look forward to the adventures and community we will find together in the new year.